Senior Clinical Assessor - Aged Care - Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide
Job no: 492405
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide
Categories: Risk Advisory Services
RSM Australia is a member of RSM, the world’s 6th largest network of audit, tax and consulting firm. We offer the combined benefits of a leading professional services firm with extensive networking, learning and career opportunities.
About the opportunity:
This is a key position of the division with responsibility for performing the functions of a Registered Quality Assessor in line with the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (The Commission) Rules 2018; effectively managing assessments and other projects and staff. Assessments include conducting research, planning, conducting field assessments and producing evidenced based reports. As a senior manager with clinical qualifications and experience you will have responsibility as a designated Team Leader in the conduct of assessments involving extensive consumer contact, staff management, liaising with third parties, notification of pertinent (high risk) matters to the Commission and coordinating Assessment reports with the NCO.
- Become registered and maintain registration as a Quality Assessor under the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (ACQSC) Rules 2018.
- As a Team Leader assess the quality of care and services provided through aged care facilities against the Aged Care Quality Standards in accordance with an Official Order received from ACQSC.
- Possess the ability to plan effectively, including supporting the development of Site Assessment Plans.
- Deliver the Assessment services in accordance with the Act, the Rules, the Deed and the Commission’s Services Specification.
- Manage and co-ordinate the activities of an Assessment team ensuring compliance with the obligations of a Registered Assessor as prescribed by ACQSC.
- Coach assessment team members in dealing with complex and risk areas where they arise.
- Interview consumers, their representatives, staff and management about the quality of care and services provided by an aged care facility.
- Interpret the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Rules 2018 and other relevant legislation,standards and industry information in the conduct of assessments.
- Ensure completion of each assessment to a high-quality standard, communicate effectively with the NCO and raise any clinical matters of concern during an assessment with the Chief Clinical Advisor (CCA).
- Collect, synthesize, and analyse evidence (based on interviews, observations and document review) and prepare accurate reports including findings and recommendations to inform ACQSC decision makers.
- Work effectively as part of RSM’s Clinical team and attend networking sessions to share experiences and knowledge for the benefit of the whole RSM Assessor cohort.
- Mentor other staff with a focus on improvement and consistency of understanding the applicable standards, operating procedures and effective outcomes for the consumers of aged care services.
- Contribute to meetings and possess the ability to make effective presentations.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships effectively and influence outcomes positively through those relationships.
- Identify and refer any ethical, clinical and conflict issues to the NCO.
- Adhere to ACQSC’s Quality Assessor Obligations (including the Code of Conduct), Registration Policy, Conflict of Interest Policy and Vaccination Policy.
- Act as a leading technical specialist on clinical and health related issues for other assignments within RSM should they arise.
- Travel regularly within your State/Territory and across Australia as required.
- Bachelor of Nursing and/or an Australian Registered Nurse (RN)
- Any other allied health degree and/or qualification approved by ACQSC to undertake Clinical Assessments in Aged Care facilities.
- Successful Completion of the Quality Assessor Training Program provided by ACQSC.
- Diploma in Management/Business/Leadership/Health Sciences
Demonstrated Experience & Attributes
- 10+ years’ experience as a RN in Aged Care or in a Health Service
- An understanding of the aged care operational environment and industry
- Knowledge or experience in the conduct of quality assessment services in Aged Care or other regulated environments
- Previous experience or ability to manage a small team
- Robust and objective analytical thinking and good report writing skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- A willingness to travel each week
- Highly developed communication skills including an understanding of issues experienced by consumers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- A current driver’s licence
- Strong attention to detail
- Adequate computer skills including the ability to learn and use new systems
Life at RSM:
RSM provides a great environment to build skills and confidence and we help our people achieve their best. We are trusted advisors to our clients, so it is critical for us to find the right people for the job on offer. Our network of offices across Australia and around the world allow us to offer a personal service to all our clients regardless of where they are!
Working for RSM entitles everyone to a wide range of leading health, wellness financial and lifestyle benefits.
How to apply:
Please click on the “apply” button and complete our online application form.
Agencies, thank you for thinking of us, but our recruitment is managed internally, and we will reach out to our preferred suppliers if we need assistance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend