Intermediate Desktop Support Technician
Job no: 492412
Work type: Full time
Categories: National IT
RSM Australia is a member of RSM, the world’s 6th largest network of audit, tax and consulting firm. We offer the combined benefits of a leading professional services firm with extensive networking, learning and career opportunities.
About the opportunity:
This role gives the opportunity to support the national business with IT hardware deployment, support and training.
- Monitoring/responding to incoming requests and providing first level IT support to the business, escalating as required
- Resolving national support requests via ServiceNow incident management system, including entering support requests received in person, over phone, e-mail or Skype/Teams
- Providing support to staff in a face to face capacity on the ground and remotely over the phone with support tools such as TeamViewer and Remote Desktop
- Travelling to other offices around Australia, as required
- Configuring and Installing personal computers, mobile devices, software and peripheral equipment
- Policing security in accordance with the national IT procedures and policies
- Adhering to established SLA's with the business and key stakeholders for timely resolution of issues
- Contributing to team goals and discussions regarding I.T problems that the business faces
- Participating in team meetings, events and conferences
- Engaging with software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Working outside normal hours where necessary to ensure the provision of critical computing services
- Being involved with projects and effectively delivering on delegated tasks
- 12+ months experience in a similar role
- Experience in a financial services environment an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft desktop environment and Microsoft Office suite
- Exposure to Active Directory and IT ticketing systems
- Outstanding skills in troubleshooting, organisational and time management
- A practical fast learner who is open to new challenges
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Willingness to learn and positive can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent customer service, especially working with clients face to face
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
Life at RSM:
RSM provides a great environment to build skills and confidence and we help our people achieve their best. We are trusted advisors to our clients, so it is critical for us to find the right people for the job on offer. Our network of offices across Australia and around the world allow us to offer a personal service to all our clients regardless of where they are!
Working for RSM entitles everyone to a wide range of leading health, wellness financial and lifestyle benefits.
Agencies, thank you for thinking of us, but our recruitment is managed internally, and we will reach out to our preferred suppliers if we need assistance.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend