Sustainability Consultant - Senior Consultant
Job no: 492417
Work type: Full time, Part time
Categories: Risk Advisory Services
RSM Australia is a member of RSM, the world’s 6th largest network of audit, tax and consulting firm. We offer the combined benefits of a leading professional services firm with extensive networking, learning and career opportunities.
Our Perth Risk Advisory Services division is currently seeking an experienced and committed Sustainability Consultant. This role would suit a motivated individual with proven experience in providing consulting, audit and advisory services specifically in the greenhouse gas, energy and ESG fields. Consulting and/or audit experience in the following engagement/scheme types would be beneficial
- Climate Active or NCOS (National Carbon Offset Standard)
- National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Scheme (NGERS)
- Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF)
- Renewable Energy Target (RET)
- ESG statement preparation or audit e.g. collation or audit of ESG statements included in annual reports.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Conducting various consulting and audit/assurance engagements with a focus in the greenhouse gas emissions, energy and environment fields. These will likely be conducted simultaneously with other engagement team members. This will including planning, scheduling staff, execution and reporting writing. This may include for example:
- Assisting on limited and reasonable assurance engagements under the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Scheme (NGERS), the Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF) and the Renewable Energy Target (RET) for clients in a timely and professional manner;
- Advising and supporting clients to achieve Climate Active accreditation or conducting assurance/verification engagements of Climate Active applications.
- Consulting and advising on sustainable management and procurement to satisfy the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and sustainability reporting under frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and $1
- Consulting and advising on risks and opportunities related to the effects of climate change (within the bounds of your technical experience);
- Performs technical reviews of audit work on lower risk engagements;
- Management and co-ordination of consulting and audit teams including training, mentoring and methodology compliance;
- Summarises the key areas of the engagement for the principal/partner;
- Identifies potential technical issues and documenting issue and proposed solution for principal/partner attention;
- Drafts management letters and audit/assurance reports in conjunction with the manager and partner that provide practical and commercial recommendations and business advice;
- Maintain strong budgetary discipline ensuring there are no major over runs. Ability to plan effective and realistic budgets;
- Identifies and refers ethical, accounting and conflict issues to manager and/or principal/partner;
- Keep on top of key sustainability factors and developments;
- Assists partners, principals and managers in sales and marketing activities; and
- Contributes to meetings and is able to make effective presentations.
Demonstrated Education & Experience:
- Relevant tertiary degree or equivalent e.g. engineering, environmental science, etc.
- 3+ year’s assurance or advisory experience in Professional Services or a relevant industry position
- Demonstrated emissions, energy and sustainability experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong process mapping and problem solving skills
- Understanding of emissions, environment and energy compliance and reporting requirements and legislation.
- Understanding of risk management concepts (risk assessment, mitigation and remediation) and the principles of the ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard
- Ability to utilise resources to optimise engagement outcomes through self-management;
- Ability to value add by providing practical recommendations;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
What’s on Offer
In this role you will be working within a local Perth team as well as a national team. You will have direct access to and work closely with senior staff and undertake a wide variety of assignments.
RSM provides our employees with the opportunity to connect for success through our culture, employee benefits and an environment that supports work life balance. On offer is a competitive opportunity for personal and professional development and a friendly and supportive environment.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend