SMSF Senior Accountant
Job no: 492453
Work type: Full time
Categories: Business Advisory Services
RSM offers the combined benefits of a big firm including extensive networks, training and career opportunities – within a highly supportive, people oriented workplace. This combination provides a great environment to build skills and confidence. We help our people achieve to their best.
Opportunity to play a significant role in our SMSF processing division in Melbourne. This will include processing of the compliance work for SMSFs as well as assisting with the development of other SMSF team members, including the review of their work and assisting with day-to-day queries / training.
- Preparation of SMSF work papers;
- Preparation of SMSF financial statements in accordance with all current, legal and accounting reporting standards;
- Review of SMSF work papers prepared by junior SMSF team members and ensure appropriate evidence is documented, before the file goes to Audit;
- Liaise with the SMSF Auditor and resolve queries as they arise;
- Training and coaching of junior SMSF team members, acting as a mentor/buddy
- Identify relevant accounting and compliance issues;
- Preparation of documents for client meetings / assisting with client meetings as required;
- Assist with managing the workflow of the team and communicate with management on a frequent basis on necessary matters;
- Meet all lodgement and other reporting deadlines.
- Business / Commerce degree with Accounting Major
- Completed or working towards completion of CA or equivalent
- Completed SMSF specialist course
Demonstrated Experience & Attributes
- 3+ years’ experience in Professional Services
- Background in SMSF
- Experience with Class Super
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Committed to continuing professional development
- Business Development exposure
Life at RSM:
RSM provides a great environment to build skills and confidence and we help our people achieve their best. We are trusted advisors to our clients, so it is critical for us to find the right people for the job on offer. Our network of offices across Australia and around the world allow us to offer a personal service to all our clients regardless of where they are!
Working for RSM entitles everyone to a wide range of leading health, wellness financial and lifestyle benefits.
Agencies, thank you for thinking of us, but our recruitment is managed internally, and we will reach out to our preferred suppliers if we need assistance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend