Manager - Employment Taxes
Job no: 492830
Work type: Full time
RSM offers the combined benefits of a big firm including extensive networks, training and career opportunities – within a highly supportive, people-oriented workplace. This combination provides a great environment to build skills and confidence. We help our people achieve to their best.
This position is focusing on employment and expatriate tax related matters for our clients and client of RSM offices Internationally. The type of work will vary from developing clients, tax advisory and tax compliance for both domestic and international clients.
The incumbent will be part of the RSM Australia National Global Employer Services (GES) team based in Melbourne and will have the opportunity to assist with developing the practice nationally.
Employer Tax Obligations:
- Employer Superannuation Obligations, SGC compliance reviews and preparation of SGC submissions to the ATO
- Due diligences reviews
- Management of employment taxes reviews utilising Data Analytics
- State Payroll Tax, assisting with investigations
- Monthly compliance related to client Payrolls,
- Advising on Australian tax obligations for employers setting up in Australia
Fringe Benefits Tax
- Provision of FBT advice for our clients
- FBT reviews
- Management and review of FBT return compliance
- Management of expatriate tax programs
- Working with the RSM GES teams within the RSM international network
- Developing relationships with clients
- Conducting tax consultations for inbound and outbound employees
- International tax planning for remunerating employees, including remote workers
- Review of income tax returns, and tax equalisation calculations for expatriate employees
- Establishing and managing shadow payrolls
- Cross border planning, Application of Double Tax Agreements,
- Australian tax planning
Employee Share Schemes
- Developing Employee Shares/Option Plans with clients
- Provision of tax advice for participants
- Review of ESS reporting
- Business / Commerce / Finance degree with Accounting Major
- Business / Commerce / Finance / Law double degree with Accounting Major
- Completion of CA or Masters of Taxation
Demonstrated Experience & Attributes
- 5 or greater years in a similar role
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
Life at RSM:
RSM provides a great environment to build skills and confidence and we help our people achieve their best. We are trusted advisors to our clients, so it is critical for us to find the right people for the job on offer. Our network of offices across Australia and around the world allow us to offer a personal service to all our clients regardless of where they are!
Working for RSM entitles everyone to a wide range of leading health, wellness financial and lifestyle benefits.
How to apply:
Please click one the "apply now" button and complete our online application form.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend