Manager - Risk Advisory
Job no: 492935
Work type: Full time
Categories: Risk Advisory Services
RSM offers the combined benefits of a big firm including extensive networks, training and career opportunities – within a highly supportive, people oriented workplace. This combination provides a great environment to build skills and confidence. We help our people achieve to their best.
This is a key position of the division with responsibility for effectively managing projects and staff. High requirements of research, planning and delivering risk mitigation strategies. Risk Advisory Services managers also have a responsibility for extensive client relationship management (contact), staff training and liaising with third parties.
- Ensures completion of each assignment to a high quality standard, within budget and on or before deadlines, while controlling the progress of other assignments;
- Coordination with other divisions;
- Address quality assurance issues and assist in resolving differing views/positions with clients;
- Management and co-ordination of the audit team including training, mentoring and methodology compliance;
- Maintain strong budgetary discipline ensuring there are no major over runs. Ability to plan effective and realistic budgets;
- Monitors their teams staffing requirements and future resource planning issues;
- Coaching staff in dealing with complex environments and high risk engagements;
- Work with and influence clients at senior levels in different business environments;
- Performs detailed reviews of audit team work and draft reports prepared;
- Summarises the key areas of the engagement for the partner;
- Consults with and shares technical knowledge with colleagues;
- Identifies potential issues and documenting issue and proposed solution for partner attention;
- Finalisation of draft reports for Partner review that provide practical recommendations;
- Apply Quality Assurance principles to increase client satisfaction;
- Identifies client business needs and assists partner in developing a tailored solution;
- Understands all relevant independence rules and their applicability to the assurance team and the Firm;
- Identifies and refers ethical, accounting and conflict issues to partner;
- Develop an advanced understanding of clients businesses and operations to provide tailored Risk Advisory solutions to clients;
- Keep on top of key industry factors;
- Together with partner negotiates fees and demonstrates commercial responsibility for profitability of each client;
- Assists partners in Business Development activities; and
- Contributes to meetings and is able to make effective presentations.
- Business / Commerce degree with Accounting Major
- Completed CA or equivalent
Demonstrated Experience & Attributes
- 6-8 years’ experience in Professional Services
- Previous experience managing a team
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong prioritising skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to utilise resources to optimise engagement outcomes through self-management;
- Add value by providing first class service in response to client demands and;
- Management of a client portfolio such that all client needs are dealt with on a timely basis
- Business Development exposure
Life at RSM:
RSM provides a great environment to build skills and confidence and we help our people achieve their best. We are trusted advisors to our clients, so it is critical for us to find the right people for the job on offer. Our network of offices across Australia and around the world allow us to offer a personal service to all our clients regardless of where they are!
Working for RSM entitles everyone to a wide range of leading health, wellness financial and lifestyle benefits.
How to apply:
Please click on the “apply” button and complete our online application form.
Agencies, thank you for thinking of us, but our recruitment is managed internally, and we will reach out to our preferred suppliers if we need assistance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend