Senior Risk Consultant - Climate Change & Sustainability
Job no: 493851
Work type: Full time
Categories: Risk Advisory Services
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION
At RSM, our purpose is to instill confidence in a world of change for both our clients and our people.
RSM Australia supports a people-centric and collaborative culture where we are committed to empowering and developing you. As a leading professional services firm, we connect you to an extensive network of global resources and invest in your future. We value the meaningful work that you do and encourage you to be a part of the change.
Our value proposition is our commitment to you; it highlights the experiences, benefits, and value that you can expect as part of RSM. This is underpinned by our three values – integrity in everything that we do, supporting clients everywhere, and developing and valuing everyone.
This is a key position of the division with responsibility for effectively managing clients, projects and staff, with a focus on climate change, sustainability, energy and environment related engagements. High requirements of research, planning and delivering risk advisory services (i.e. fieldwork). Risk Advisory Services Senior Consultants also have a responsibility for extensive client contact, staff training and liaising with third parties. At RSM we operate with a hybrid working model that includes in office, client site and working from home (WFH).
- Conduct various risk consulting and assurance engagements (e.g. internal audit, consulting, compliance, etc with a focus on those in the climate change and sustainability field) simultaneously with numerous engagement team members, including planning, execution and scheduling staff. This may include for example:
- Assisting on limited and reasonable assurance engagements under the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Scheme (NGERS), the Energy Savings Scheme (ESS), the Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF) and the Renewable Energy Target (RET) for clients in a timely and professional manner;
- Advising on sustainable management and procurement to satisfy the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Environment, Social, and Governance ESG, and sustainability reporting under frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD);
- Advising on Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) management systems and compliance;
- Advising on risks and opportunities related to the effects of climate change;
- Management and co-ordination of the team including training, mentoring and methodology compliance;
- Maintain strong budgetary discipline ensuring there are no major over runs. Ability to plan effective and realistic budgets;
- Monitors their team’s staffing requirements and future resource planning issues;
- Work with and influence clients at senior levels in different business environments;
- Performs technical and operational reviews for a range of clients with differing risk profiles;
- Maintenance and completion of Engagement Files (i.e. electronic working papers) within a timely manner for Manager/Partner review;
- Summarises the key areas of the engagement for the Partner/Principal/Manager;
- Identifies potential issues and documenting issue and proposed recommendation for Partner/Management attention;
- Draft engagement reports in conjunction with Partner/Principal/Manager that provide practical and commercial business advice;
- Identifies and refers ethical and conflict issues to Partner/Principal and/or Manager;
- Develop a detailed understanding of client systems, processes and internal control environment;
- Keep on top of key industry factors;
- Assist Partner/Principal and/or Managers in business development and marketing activities; and
Contributes to meetings and ability to make effective presentations.
- Business / Commerce and/or Environmental/Engineering degree
- Completed CA or relevant equivalent
Demonstrated Experience & Attributes:
- 3+ year’s assurance or advisory experience preferably within Professional Services or a relevant industry position
- Passion for ESG, carbon emissions, environmental and energy compliance and reporting requirements and legislation
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong process mapping and problem solving skills
- Previous experience working effectively within a team
- Experience in data analytics using IDEA or ACL
- Ability to speak a foreign language
Life at RSM:
RSM provides a great environment to build skills and confidence and we help our people achieve their best. We are trusted advisors to our clients, so it is critical for us to find the right people for the job on offer. Our network of offices across Australia and around the world allow us to offer a personal service to all our clients regardless of where they are!
Working for RSM entitles everyone to a wide range of leading health, wellness financial and lifestyle benefits.
How to apply:
Please click on the “apply” button and complete our online application form.
Agencies, thank you for thinking of us, but our recruitment is managed internally, and we will reach out to our preferred suppliers if we need assistance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend