Senior Consultant / Assistant Manager
Job no: 493856
Work type: Full time
Categories: Risk Advisory Services
About RSM Australia
RSM Australia has been helping clients with their audit, tax and consulting needs for over a century. With a team of over 1600 professionals, we are now one of the leading professional services firms in Australia, spanning 32 offices across the country.
About the opportunity:
Join RSM Brisbane in our Risk Advisory Services Division as an Assistant Manager where you will be responsible for developing a team of Graduates and Senior Consultants as you manage a range of clients within the private and public sector. RSM offers the combined benefits of a big firm including extensive networks, training, and career opportunities – within a highly supportive, people-oriented workplace. This combination provides a great environment to build skills and confidence. We help our people achieve to their best.
In addition, we operate on a hybrid working model that offers flexible working that incorporates working from home (WFH) for all staff.
An Assistant Manager is at the forefront of all client interactions and provide on the job training to junior members of the division.
- Conducting various internal audit, control assurance and risk management consulting engagements simultaneously with numerous engagement team members per audit, including assisting with planning, execution and scheduling staff;
- Assist in the planning of client deliverables (i.e. strategic internal audit plan, scope documents);
- Responsible for the execution of fieldwork and documentation of findings (i.e. maintain the audit file);
- Identification of findings and issues, and assisting in the drafting of client reports;
- Assist in business development activities of the firm;
- Coordination with other divisions;
- Address technical issues and assist in preparing Audit Committee and/or Board papers;
- Undertaking development of team members; and
- Assisting with management and co-ordination of the internal audit team including training, mentoring and methodology compliance.
- Relevant tertiary degree and/or qualification (e.g. Business / Commerce / Finance)
- Relevant certification or professional membership (e.g. CA / CPA / CIA)
- 4 – 5 + years professional practice experience;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Ability to utilise resources to optimise engagement outcomes through self-management;
- Add value by providing first class service in response to client demands;
- Assist in the management of a client portfolio such that all client needs are dealt with on a timely basis;
- Knowledge and application of practice development skills; and
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision making skills.
What can we offer you?
- An organisation that lives and breathes its values of; Integrity in everything; Supporting clients everywhere; Developing and valuing everyone
- An engaged and supportive team that are passionate about encouraging each other to succeed
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Career Development, Personal Development and Learning Opportunities
- Wellness and Lifestyle benefits, including Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Employee Social Events and an active Social Club
- Novated leasing and car benefits
- Access to a range of corporate discounts, including health insurance, banking, and fitness clubs
Life at RSM:
RSM provides a great environment to build skills and confidence and we help our people achieve their best. We are trusted advisors to our clients, so it is critical for us to find the right people for the job on offer. Our network of offices across Australia and around the world allow us to offer a personal service to all our clients regardless of where they are!
The RSM diversity and inclusion strategy is referred to as Diversify. RSM is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace, where everyone can achieve success.
How to apply:
Are you interested? For immediate consideration please click "Apply Now" and complete our online application form. Know someone who might be suitable? Share with them now!
Agencies, thank you for thinking of us, but our recruitment is managed internally, and we will reach out to our preferred suppliers if we need assistance.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend