Senior Management Consultant
Job no: 493859
Work type: Full time
Categories: ERP Consulting
RSM offers the combined benefits of a big firm, including extensive networks, training and career opportunities – within a highly supportive, people oriented workplace. This combination provides a great environment to build skills and confidence. We help our people achieve to their best.
RSM has invested significantly over the last several years in diversifying its business and the talent it needs to make a difference. One of these investments includes the recent creation of a Management Consulting service line in Canberra with a clear mandate to build and grow talent to support public sector leaders. You have an exciting opportunity to be at the foundation of this growth; to influence our working practices and shape our future.
At RSM we are committed to helping our government clients build efficient, sustainable long-term capability; navigate change; manage competing demands; and protect their most valuable assets. We look to partner with clients to understand their priorities, pre-empt emerging challenges, identify opportunities and, together, deliver outcomes that matter. If this resonates with you, then contact us as soon as possible.
What is in it for you?
You have an opportunity to be part of something new, embedded in a well-established and highly reputable firm. You can build your career in line with our practice growth. You will be able to influence how we go about adding value to our clients and separating ourselves from the pack. You will be a critical member of a growing team, not just one of many. So….if you would like to be part of the build and if you like both big picture thinking and getting down in the nitty gritty then working with the RSM management consulting team in Canberra is the team for you!
RSM is looking for Senior Consultants who have experience working in Federal Government clients, helping them design solutions / services, deliver reform outcomes, build capabilities and manage risks. You will have track record and formal qualifications / accreditation in one or more of the following key disciplines:
- program management;
- project management;
- business analysis;
- data analysis;
- transformation management.
- Working with clients to identify business issues and their root causes;
- Developing plans / schedules
- Managing projects or work packages
- Producing deliverables and meeting milestones
- Designing innovative solutions;
- Conducting research and analyses;
- Managing junior staff;
- Writing reports and tenders;
- Business development activities such as networking and relationship development.
- Business / Public Sector / Project Management / IT / Data or relevant tertiary qualification
Demonstrated Experience & Attributes
- 2 – 4.5 years experience in a similar role;
- Consulting experience in the federal government sector along with specific technical skills of relevance such as:
- Program / Project methodologies - Prince2; Agile; Scrum, MSP, P3M3 and/or
- Change management methodologies – Prosci, Change First
- Business / data analytics
- Security clearance at Baseline or above
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Ability to utilise resources to optimise engagement outcomes through self-management;
- Add value by providing first class service in response to client demands;
- Ability to build rapport with a variety of clients;
- Assist in the management of a client portfolio such that all client needs are dealt with on a timely basis;
- Knowledge and application of practice development skills; and
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision making skills.
- Enjoy solving problems and applying critical thinking
- Have good research and analytical skills,
- Be proactive, and have a positive attitude to continuous improvement
Life at RSM:
RSM provides a great environment to build skills and confidence and we help our people achieve their best. We are trusted advisors to our clients, so it is critical for us to find the right people for the job on offer. Our network of offices across Australia and around the world allow us to offer a personal service to all our clients regardless of where they are!
Working for RSM entitles everyone to a wide range of leading health, wellness financial and lifestyle benefits.
How to apply:
Please click on the “apply” button and complete our online application form.
Agencies, thank you for thinking of us, but our recruitment is managed internally, and we will reach out to our preferred suppliers if we need assistance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend