Job no: 493864
Work type: Full time
Categories: Business Advisory Services
Working at one of Australia's largest accounting firms with deep roots in Goulburn, this is a fantastic opportunity for a junior accountant to grow and develop as a professional. Working at RSM Goulburn provides you with the opportunity to work with the leader in agribusiness in NSW while pursuing your professional qualifications (CA). At RSM you will have endless opportunities to challenge, develop and grow.
As an Accountant you will be expected to work with clients to analyse financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities for the Firm’s clients. At RSM we have a flexible working policy based on hybrid working underpinned by working from home (WFH) for all staff.
- Assists with the preparation of financial statements in accordance with accounting standards;
- Applies knowledge of client/firm/industry trends and current issues;
- Prepares clear and concise work papers as evidence of work performed;
- Checks financial statements and management accounts eliminating adding, referencing and typing errors;
- Helps identify accounting issues;
- Applies basic tax compliance procedures;
- Assists with tax planning for clients;
- Prepare income tax returns for individuals, companies and trusts;
- Completes requisite regulatory forms; and
- Complies with lodgement program by meeting lodgement dates and requirements.
- Business / Commerce degree with Accounting Major
- Commencement of CA or equivalent
Demonstrated Experience & Attributes
- 1-2 years in a similar role
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
Life at RSM:
RSM provides a great environment to build skills and confidence and we help our people achieve their best. We are trusted advisors to our clients, so it is critical for us to find the right people for the job on offer. Our network of offices across Australia and around the world allow us to offer a personal service to all our clients regardless of where they are!
Working for RSM entitles everyone to a wide range of leading health, wellness financial and lifestyle benefits.
Agencies, thank you for thinking of us, but our recruitment is managed internally, and we will reach out to our preferred suppliers if we need assistance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend