Senior Analyst - R&D Tax
Job no: 493965
Work type: Full time
At RSM, our purpose is to instill confidence in a world of change for both our clients and our people.
RSM Australia supports a people-centric and collaborative culture where we are committed to empowering and developing you. As a leading professional services firm, we connect you to an extensive network of global resources and invest in your future. We value the meaningful work that you do and encourage you to be a part of the change.
Our value proposition is our commitment to you; it highlights the experiences, benefits, and value that you can expect as part of RSM. This is underpinned by our three values – integrity in everything that we do, supporting clients everywhere, and developing and valuing everyone.
As a Senior Analyst within our Research & Development Tax team you will have a focus on delivering exceptional client service to support the growth of innovations by providing advice to innovators on R&D Tax matters. Reporting in to Senior Management and Partners you will also be responsible for mentoring junior staff. Within this role you will work with technical experts and innovators developing ground breaking new technologies in a range of industry fields.
- Work autonomously through the end-to-end R&D Tax compliance cycle, including meetings and correspondence with clients, collation of documentation, drafting technical reports, calculation of eligible R&D expenditure, provide advice on positions adopted and legislative reasoning and management of the overall client relationship.
- Work as part of a team, including management of junior staff, on more complex assignments.
- Research a variety of legislation and regulations, including R&D Tax, and related legislation and provide advice on technical application of legislation and government guidance materials.
- Ongoing consideration of the R&D Tax and general Tax compliance landscape and formulating risk mitigation and process improvement strategies.
- Management of a portfolio of clients, including all administrative and practice management tasks such as billing and cash collections.
- Mentoring of junior staff and knowledge collaboration across the National R&D Tax practice, through assisting with national training sessions.
- Attendance at networking events and building of internal and external networks to facilitate Business Development opportunities
- Science / Engineering / IT or ICT / Commerce / Finance / Accounting / Tax / Law degree
- Double degrees combining Commerce/Finance/Accounting/Law with a technical degree in Science/Engineering/IT will be advantageous.
DEMONSTRATED EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES:
- Existing direct R&D tax experience of a minimum of 2-3 years in a similar role. Experience with R&D regulator reviews is desirable.
- Strong written communication skills (demonstrated experience in technical, scientific or legal writing is critical).
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. ability to assess law and provide well-reasoned arguments).
- Strong data processing skills (Microsoft suite critical, ability to utilise other tools will be advantageous).
- Ability to work autonomously to complete client assignments end-to-end and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn and exhibit leadership skills, including practice management and people management.
- Strong business acumen and business maturity to manage a portfolio of client relationships in real time is desired.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to simultaneously meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to build strong internal and external networks (either as member of industry associations or through networking) is desired.
Life at RSM:
RSM provides a great environment to build skills and confidence and we help our people achieve their best. We are trusted advisors to our clients, so it is critical for us to find the right people for the job on offer. Our network of offices across Australia and around the world allow us to offer a personal service to all our clients regardless of where they are!
Working for RSM entitles everyone to a wide range of leading health, wellness financial and lifestyle benefits.
How to apply:
Please click on the “apply” button and complete our online application form.
Agencies, thank you for thinking of us, but our recruitment is managed internally, and we will reach out to our preferred suppliers if we need assistance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend